Love to read romance? Here is your chance to share that love with others!
I'm looking for readers who would like to contribute guest reviews to TBQ's Book Palace. If this sounds like something you are interested in doing, please read on! :)
All You Need to Know:I will not be providing you with review copies right away. If you agree to take a Guest Reviewer position, you will be reviewing books you already own or receive for review from somewhere else (NetGalley or authors, for example).
If, after you've been reviewing for me for a short while, a review request comes in, I'll contact you to see if it's something you're interested in covering.
I am looking for reviews on both new and old books. There are a lot of great books out there, and I can guarantee they've not all been covered on the blog.
You can submit a one-time review, or we can discuss the possibilities of contributing reviews on a regular basis.
Genres I'm Accepting:
- New Adult
- M/M and other LGBTQ+ romances
I do not accept reviews for:
- Christian Fiction
- YA/children's books
- Basically anything that's not a romance novel.
How many, when, and how?
You may review as many books as you want, as often as you want. I only ask that you email me first with the book you have picked to prevent any duplicates.
Once I agree to the book, I will check the blog calendar and fit it into the schedule. Note: If you are reviewing an ARC, the post date will be roughly 1-2 weeks before the publication date, when possible.
- Do not copy another reviewer's work and turn it in as your own.
- Do not insult an author, no matter how much you did not like the book.
- Be honest; tell us what you think about the book. Yes, even if you had problems with the book. It is possible to tell us what was wrong with it without being mean to the author. :)
- Edit your review! I'm not asking for professional quality editing; my reviews sometimes have mistakes in them, so I do not expect a perfect review from you, either. However, I do expect basic editing--go over it a few times for typos, mistakes, incomplete sentences/thoughts, etc. Don't forget to check your spelling, and not just with SpellCheck, which often wants you to change names and words that may be correct in the book. I will do a quick look over before posting, but I will not take the time to edit every bit of it.
- No huge spoilers! Tell us a little about the story, why we'll like it, but don't tell us the entire plot. Let us read the book to find that out.
- Aim for at least 300 words. 500-800 is better, but I understand that it just depends on the review. Use however many words it takes to tell us your thoughts while trying to be as clear as possible. We're all friends here--talk to us like we're having a book chat at the coffee shop!
- It's okay to use some quotes from the book in your review, just be sure to copy them down exactly as it appears in the book. I always give credit to the author/publisher on the post, so don't worry about that.
- Please have the courtesy to only send me reviews that are original, and have not been posted by you on multiple blogs already. Your personal Goodreads account is okay, though I would prefer that you state somewhere on your GR review that it has been published on TBQ's Book Palace and provide a link to this site.
- Most importantly: Have fun and enjoy the book and chatting about it with us!
Also, if you wish to send a brief "about me" paragraph and picture/avatar, I will post this at the bottom of your review. This is entirely up to you though. Even if you do not choose to do this, I will be giving you credit for the review; just tell me how you wish to be known (first name, username, nick name, whatever).
If you have any comments, questions or concerns, please email me! I'd be more than happy to help you out! The_Book_Queen(at)yahoo(dot)com
I hope to hear from you soon!