The blog is a bit quiet again/still (nearly finals + holidays + life stress = UGGGGGH), so how about another little chat?
Tell me what books makes you happy! As in, just thinking of the book, or being able to recommend it to someone, makes you smile or genuinely brings you joy.
It could also be a specific scene in a book! Happiness can be defined in so many ways. For example: books that make you laugh/giggle/snort, books that make you happy sigh, books that bring you comfort, books that have a good memory associated with them (from when you first read it), etc.
Some that come to mind for me (in no particular order):
- Harry Potter series
- Duh; ultimate non-romance comfort read for me and that will never, ever change.
- Born In Trilogy by Nora Roberts
- Comfort reads and my most reread romances
- Dirty by Kylie Scott
- I still smile thinking about how this book started, and the fun continued through out -- loved it!
- Most of Scott's books also make me smile and giggle
- His Royal Secret by Lilah Pace
- All the happy sighs here
- Strong Signal and Fast Connection by Megan Erickson and Santino Hassell
- Snarky/fun and sexy and happy sigh awesome for both
- In the Middle of Somewhere by Roan Parrish
- The scene where Daniel tries to cook . . . Priceless.
- Tied to Trouble by Megan Erickson
- Dapper Dick. Fun times, ahoy!
- The entire Off-Campus series by Elle Kennedy
- Sexy and fun and angsty at times.
- The entire Game On series by Kristen Callihan
- Same -- sexy, fun, and with angsty-feels
- Him by Sarina Bowen and Elle Kennedy
- PERFECT friends-to-lovers that completely blew me away
. . . Okay, I'll stop. If I looked through my GR I could probably list others. Most of these are ones I've read in the past year or so.
You'll notice my reasons vary; some are comfort reads for me, some made me laugh, some just make me extremely happy when I think about them, or excited when I think about recommending them to others.
We could all use some happiness lately, so please feel free to share all the happy-book love in the comments!
Until Next Time,
*TBQ's Book Palace is a member of both the Amazon and Barnes and Nobles affiliates program. By using the links provided to buy products from either website, I receive a very small percentage of the order. To read my full disclosure on the matter, please see this post!